On Wednesday, 26th April 2017, a Cabinet Meeting chaired by His Excellency the President of the Republic, Paul KAGAME, convened in Village URUGWIRO.
The Cabinet Meeting approved minutes of previous Cabinet Meeting held on 05/04/2017 after minor adjustments.
1. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following paper and policies:
– The Budget Framework Paper for 2017/2018 -2019/2020;
– The Investment Policy;
– The National Digital Talent Policy;
– The Data Revolution Policy.
2. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following Draft Laws:
– Draft Law on Public Procurement;
– Draft Law approving the ratification of the agreement signed in Roma, Italy on 15th February 2017, between the Republic of Rwanda and the International Agricultural Development Fund (IFAD), relating to the additional loan of Eight Million Four Hundred and Ten Thousand Special Drawing Rights (SDR 8,410,000) for the project for Rural Income through Exports;
– Draft Law approving the accession of the Rwanda to the Eastern and Southern Africa Anti-Money Laundering Group;
– Draft Company Law.
3. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following Orders:
– Presidential Order determining salaries and other fringe benefits allocated to the Chief Gender Monitor and the Deputy Chief Gender Monitor;
– Presidential Order determining the salary and fringe benefits for the Director General of Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority (RURA);
– Prime Minister’s Order on procedures for transfer of Judicial Police Officers of Rwanda National Police.
4. In A.O.B:
a) The Minister of Justice/Attorney General informed the Cabinet Meeting that MINIJUST in collaboration with its policing partners is organizing a Police Day to be celebrated on 16th June 2017 under the theme: 17 years of vibrant partnership in policing: towards sustainable safety and security. This Day will be preceded by a one-month campaign running from 15th May to 15th June 2017.
b) The Minister of Public Service and Labour informed the Cabinet Meeting that Rwanda will join the rest of the world to celebrate the International Labour Day on 1st May 2017 under the theme: “Promote labour, preserving progress based on good governance, foundation for inclusive development”. At national level, the celebration will be held in Kigali Special Economic Zone.
c) The Minister of Health informed the Cabinet Meeting that Rwanda will host the 37th Global Fund Board Meeting in Kigali-Rwanda from 2nd to 4th May 2017 at Marriot Hotel-Kigali.
d) The Minister of Youth and ICT informed the Cabinet Meeting that a Smart Cities Blue Print for Africa and a Smart Cities Master Plan for Rwanda have been developed and are expected to be unveiled by His Excellency the President of the Republic during the upcoming Transform Africa Summit to be held in Kigali from 10th to 12th May 2017.
e) The Minister of Agriculture and Animal Resources informed the Cabinet Meeting that at the end of February 2017, Rwanda has discovered a first case of pests affecting crops in Mushishito marshland located in the Sectors of Uwinkingi and Kibilizi in Nyamagabe District. By 24th April 2017, the pest was reported in all Districts of the Country. In order to control this outbreak, MINAGRI in collaboration with MINALOC, MINADEF, RWANDA NATIONAL POLICE, PROVINCES, DISTRICTS, the population and all its stakeholders have started a Fall Armyworm control campaign. Overall, control efforts are yielding crop recovery, depending on when the pest was reported. The Cabinet Meeting called upon all the population and stakeholders to fight the pest.
f) The Minister of Culture and Sports informed the Cabinet Meeting that Rwanda will host the 13th Edition of the Kigali International Peace Marathon on 21st May 2017 under the Patronage of His Excellency Paul KAGAME, the President of the Republic of Rwanda.
This Statement was signed
By Stella Ford MUGABO
The Minister in Charge of Cabinet Affairs