On Friday, 26th May 2017, an Extraordinary Cabinet Meeting chaired by His Excellency the President of the Republic, Paul KAGAME, convened in Village URUGWIRO.
His Excellency the President of the Republic of Rwanda and Commander-inChief of Rwanda Defence Force, pursuant to the powers conferred upon Him by laws, informed the Cabinet Meeting that on 07/04/2017, He promoted Officers of the Rwanda Defense Force as follows:
– 26 Officers were promoted from the rank of Lieutenant to the rank of Captain;
– 381 Officers were promoted from the rank of 2nd Lieutenant to the rank of Lieutenant.
1. The Cabinet Meeting approved minutes of previous Cabinet Meeting held on 26/04/2017.
2. The Cabinet Meeting was briefed about the Status of Worst Forms of Child Labour, the Cabinet Meeting requested relevant institutions to closely monitor the issue, denounce it and hold accountable culprits of such Worst Forms of Child Labour.
3. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following items:
– The Revised Umuganda Policy and Strategy 2017-2022;
– Joint Venture Agreement between the Government of Rwanda and PRODEV Bugesera about Gashora Vegetable Project in Bugesera District;
– Joint Venture Agreement between the Government of Rwanda and a private company about the operation and management of the National Lottery;
– Concession Agreement (CA) between the Government of Rwanda and Rwanda Mountain Tea about Giciye III Hydro Power Plant Project and Power Purchase Agreement (PPA);
– RDB to accept the donation of 27.8 ha of land adjacent to Virunga National Park by African Wildlife Foundation as purchased from Serena Group;
– Granting land equivalent to 11.7 ha located in Kigali Innovation City (KIC) to Cooper Pharma East Africa (2ha), L.E.A.F-Pharmaceuticals (2.5ha), African Institute for Mathematical Science(6ha) and Biomedical Center of Excellence of University of Rwanda (1.2ha);
– Special fiscal and non-fiscal Incentives to strategic investors, namely Investment Corporation of Dubai and Cooper Pharma East Africa.
4. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following Draft Laws:
– Draft Law determining organization, powers and functioning of the High Council of the National Public Prosecution Authority;
– Draft Law determining the organization, functioning and competence of Public Prosecution;
– Draft Law establishing the National Fund for Environment (FONERWA) and determining its mission, organization and functioning;
– Draft Law governing the Institute of National Museums of Rwanda;
– Draft Law governing Radiation Protection in Rwanda.
5. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following Orders:
– Prime Minister’s Order appointing Lt. Col. Deo RUSIZANA, Vice President of the Military Tribunal;
– Prime Minister’s Order appointing Capt. Gerald NTAGANIRA, Judge in the Military Tribunal;
– Prime Minister’s Order appointing Prosecutors at Intermediate Level. These are:
1. Ms. MUREKATETE Bertille;
2. Ms. MUKANKUSI Grace;
3. Mr. RUDAHUSHA Didier;
4. Ms. UMUHOZA Marie Michelle.
– Prime Minister’s Order appointing Ms. KAYITESI Claudine, Prosecutor at Primary Level;
– Prime Minister’s Order on deliberate resignation by Mr HABIMANA Casimir, who was a Prosecutor at Intermediate Level;
– Prime Minister’s Order on deliberate resignation by Mr. RUHAZI BIZI Tony, who was a Prosecutor at Primary Level;
– Prime Minister’s Order allocating land located in Mwendo Cell, Gashora Sector, Bugesera District, Eastern Province to Rwandan Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA/AGRI), for investment;
– Ministerial Order transferring land located in Mwendo Cell, Gashora Sector, Bugesera District, Eastern Province from the Rwanda Agriculture Board’s public domain to its private domain.
6. The Cabinet Meeting approved the agrement of Prof. Dr. RATLAN PARDEDE, Ambassador designated to represent the Republic of Indonesia to Rwanda, with residence in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
7. The Cabinet Meeting approved the agrement of Mr. Elman Abdullayev, Ambassador designated to represent Azerbaijan to Rwanda, with residence in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
8. The Cabinet Meeting approved Mr. FODE NDIAYE, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Resident Representative as well as United Nations Resident Coordinator in Rwanda, with residence in Kigali.
9. The Cabinet Meeting approved Mr. AHMED BABA FALL, the New UNHCR Representative in Rwanda, with residence in Kigali.
10. In A.o.B:
a) The Minister of Agriculture and Animal Resources informed the Cabinet Meeting that Rwanda will host the upcoming Seventh Session of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (ITPGRFA) Governing Body from 28thOctober to 3rd November 2017. This year’s theme is: “The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Role of Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture.”
b) The Minister of Public Service and Labour informed the Cabinet Meeting that the Continental Celebration of Africa Public Service Day (APSD) will be held in Rwanda at Kigali Convention Center (KCC), from 21st to 23rd June 2017. This year’s theme
is: “Entrenching a Citizen-centered Service Delivery Culture: Partnering with the Youth for Africa’s Transformation.”
c) The Minister of Gender and Family Promotion informed the Cabinet Meeting that the International Day of Families and Day of the African Child events will be celebrated on 16th June 2017. The two events will be held at District level while at the National level, they will be celebrated at Rusizi District. The International Day of Families’ theme is: “Umugoroba w’Ababyeyi Program: The road to a family fit for Rwanda”; while the Day of the African Child’s theme is: “Building our future, preserving progress on child protection”. Celebrations will be preceded by a Child Month running from 15 th May to 16th June 2017.
d) The Minister of Health informed the Cabinet Meeting that:
– Rwanda will host the WHO Africa Health Forum from 27th to 28th June 2017 under the theme: “Putting People First: The road to Universal Health Coverage in Africa.”
– MINISANTE has undertaken different measures to prevent Ebola Virus Diseases, following the WHO notification on the ongoing Ebola Virus Diseases outbreak in Likati Health area, Province of Bas-Uele in DRC.
e) The Minister of Natural Resources informed the Cabinet Meeting that the National Environment Week is scheduled from 27th May to 5th June 2017. This year’s theme
is: “Connecting People to Nature”.
f) The Minister of Infrastructure informed the Cabinet Meeting that Rwandair launched its maiden direct flights to London on this Friday 26/05/2017; en route to London, it will be making stopover at Brussels, Belgium.
g) The Minister of State in MININFRA in Charge of Energy and Water informed the Cabinet Meeting that the Third International Workshop on Monitoring and Development of Lake Kivu Resources will be held at Golden Tulip Hotel, Bugesera District, from 29thto 31st May 2017. This year’s theme is: “Hidden Treasury of Lake Kivu.”
This Statement was signed By
Stella Ford MUGABO
The Minister in Charge of Cabinet Affairs